Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of professional experience in journalism, public relations and/or corporate communications. Number of years not as important as depth of experience and expertise to add to the firm’s growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or English.
- Superlative writing, pitching and editing skills, including knowledge of AP style.
- Experience developing and managing social media campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to get along well with a variety of personalities.
- Excellent time-management skills, attention to detail and ability to meet multiple
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team at boutique agency.
- Great work and good play ethic.
- Real estate knowledge a plus.
- Bonus points for existing relationships with local and national media.
Sr. Account Manager will develop and execute innovative PR campaigns for some of Chicago’s most high-profile real estate firms and developments. Diverse client roster spans residential and commercial sectors and includes companies with both a local and national presence. Clients include builders, developers, investors, property managers, brokers, contractors, architects and interior designers.
Candidate will write and edit news releases, bylines and blog posts; identify compelling story angles and pitch to appropriate media outlets (mostly print, digital, TV and radio); fulfill source requests; cultivate relationships with influential reporters and editors; and manage social media programs, with ability to track results. Need access to car for client meetings, events and industry functions.